Monday, October 29, 2012

Physicians Formula Baked Sands Eyeshadow swatches & review

Today I wanted to put light on a product that I haven't heard much on lately- the Physician's Formula Baked eyeshadow trio in Baked Sands. I believe these used to be popular a couple years back. Since then a lot of new eyeshadows have come out to the drugstore, but Physician's Formula continues to be one of the the best quality I've found.

REVIEW: The eyeshadow colors are warm toned neutrals that go really well together.  I really like how the shimmers in these eyeshadows are finely milled and are not overpowering. It looks almost like a sheen on the eyes than a glittery finish.The texture of these eyeshadows are very soft and smooth, unlike the hard grainy texture of many other drugstore brands. However, they are not too soft that they become powdery or crumbly. The colors are really pigmented and a little bit goes a long way. They do fade on my oily eyelids if I don't use a primer, but they don't crease.

One downfall of the trio is the price. Physician's Formula is pretty expensive for drugstore and these were around $10 at my CVS. However if you go to Target or the Christmas Tree Shop (where I went), they will be around $7.

I would say these eyeshadows are similar quality to Wet n Wild's, which is much cheaper, but Physicians Formula's packaging is way more sturdy than the flimsy packaging of Wet n Wild, meaning you can carry these ones around in your purse or for travel.

PROS: good mix of colors, school/work friendly, shimmer isn't overpowering, soft/smooth, easy to blend, pigmented, don't crease, sturdy packaging

CONS: fade without primer, expensive

SWATCHES:

Overall I'm really happy with this trio and I will be continuing to use it daily :)
Let me know what is your favorite drugstore eyeshadow,

The LIpstick Maniac



No comments:

Post a Comment