Thursday, August 23, 2012

LIMITED EDITION Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow Barely Beige


Maybelline has launched 4 new limited edition Color Tattoo eyeshadows for fall 2012!
The 4 shades are Mossy Green, Golden Shimmer, Rich Mahogany, and Barely Beige. There are only 3 eyeshadows of each color so if you want these, grab them before they're too late!  The display has some eyeshadows from their regular line as well, so make sure that the eyeshadow is wrapped in the limited edition packaging.  I found these at Rite Aid and they were $6.99.

If you aren't familiar with the Color Tattoo eyeshadows, they are cream eyeshadows that come in a jar (similar to the Mac paint pots). They can be used as a base for eyeshadows or by itself. When the regular Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshdadows came out, there were a lot of complaints that there weren't enough neutral shades for everyday wear. That's why I was so excited when I saw Barely Beige on the display :)

Barely Beige looks light a light neutral beige in the jar but comes off as more of a shimmery off-white on the skin. It's a great highlight for the inner corners of the eyes, and base especially for people with lighter skintones. 


Since I have the shade Bad to The Bronze from their regular line, I thought why not do a comparison and some swatches. Bad to the Bronze is the most neutral shade in their regular collection. I would say it can easily be worn by itself or as a base, but Barely Beige is more of just a base color.

 For some reason the my camera makes Bad to the Bronze look very green/golden, which its not AT ALL. The Swatches are much more accurate.
 
 Under direct sunlight.
 Indoor lighting.

On a side note, look at what I noticed yesterday! The bottom of the product is only down to where the lid closes. The rest of the glass is just there to make it seem like there is more product.
 Looking past that part, (it's seen in many makeup products anyways), I would definitely recommend these Color Tattoo eyeshadows. They are pigmented, easy to blend, and dry quickly. Once it dries it will not rub off or fade until you wash it off. I have oily eyelids and these crease a little after a whole day if I wear them on their own, but once I blend it out it looks fine. Although it's long lasting, it comes off very easily with a cleanser, making them so easy to use.

Have you bought any of the limited editions shades? Let me know in the comments,

The Lipstick Maniac

No comments:

Post a Comment