Thursday, August 16, 2012

Loreal Colour Riche Caresse Sticks Pt 2: Rose Taffeta & Cardinal Plume


 Left to Right: Cardinal Plume, Rose Taffeta
 This month I bough two more of the new L'oreal Colour Riche Caresse Sticks; Rose Taffeta and Cardinal Plume.


I have already reviewed and swatched  the shades Violet Chiffon and Sunset Angora here: NEW L'oreal Colour Caresse Sticks Review & Swatches!!
I'm going to repeat most of the things I said in that review in case some you haven't read that yet:

Packaging: I personally think the packaging looks cheap because the gold case is so light and gets dirty easily. The good thing that the color on the cap is identical to the color of the lipstick, which is a problem for many drugstore lipsticks where the color on the outside is way off. I find these are easier to apply on the lips because the size of the tube is smaller. I also like that there is a gap between the lipstick and the tube so the lipstick doesn't smudge like the lip butters.

Color selection: There are 16 shades in the line, and 12 sold at Target. I thought many of the colors were quite similar to the colors of the Revlon line. I found there were more muted, natural colors than the lip butters. So if you like more natural colors, I think you would appreciate this line.

Formula: The biggest difference between the caresse sticks and the lip butters is that these are  much more lightweight. While the lip butters were thick and balmy, these just glide on the lips and feel weightless. All of the shades are cream finishes.

Wear: The caresse sticks don't last a long time on the lips. I would say about the same 2-3 hours like the lip butters.

Price: $8 at Target and $10.50 at Walgreens.

Pros: packaging is well made, easier to apply, weightless on lips, 16 shades.

Cons: pricier than average drugstore lipsticks, cheap packaging



Swatches:


  Cardinal Plume, Revlon Lip Butter Cherry Tart
 
Cardinal Plume: a sheer pinky red. I thought this would be similar to the Revlon Lip butter in Cherry Tart, but Cherry Tart is more of a cool toned red.



 



Rose Taffeta: a beautiful, medium mauvy-pink mlbb shade. Will work with all skintones.

No comments:

Post a Comment