Friday, June 8, 2012

NEW L'oreal Colour Caresse Sticks Review & Swatches!!

The new loreal colour caresse sticks have arrived in the US!!! They are currently only available at Target. These are pretty much Loreal's answer to the Revlon Lip Butters after their miserable attempt in the Loreal colour riche balms. I have tried the Loreal balms and let me tell u, these are MUCH better! 
Of course, I'll be comparing these to the Revlon lip butters in this review.
 Sunset Angora, Violet Chiffon

Packaging: I personally think the packaging looks cheap. The good thing that the color on the cap is identical to the color of the lipstick, which is a problem for many drugstore lipsticks where the color on the outside is way off. I find these are easier to apply on the lips because the size of the tube is smaller. I also like that there is a gap between the lipstick and the tube so the lipstick doesn't smudge like the lip butters.

 Compared with Revlon Lip Butter in Gumdrop
Color selection: There are 16 shades in the line, and 12 sold at Target. I thought many of the colors were quite similar to the colors of the Revlon line. Personally I thought the colors were lacking next to Revlon, because they are quite generic colors and there is nothing that stands out.

Formula: The biggest difference between the caresse sticks and the lip butters is that these are sooooo much more lightweight! While the lip butters were thick and balmy, these just glide on the lips and feel weightless. I only got 2 shades but they were both quite pigmented, buildable, and cream finishes (my favorite).

Wear: The caresse sticks don't last a long time on the lips. I would say about the same 2-3 hours like the lip butters.

Price: These retail for $8 at Target, so they will probably be more expensive at the drugstore...meaning these are pricier that the lip butters, which are $6.50~$7.50.

Pros: packaging is well made, easier to apply, weightless on lips, 16 shades.
Cons: more expensive.


  I got 2 shades:


Violet Chiffon was the MUST HAVE color for me. Its a gorgeous medium pinky purple shade.




Sunset Angora is a medium pink-coral shade that is very wearable and perfect for summer.








Onto lip swatches!

 My natural lip color.

Sunset Angora

  Violet Chiffon

So......
Are the L'oreal caresse sticks better than the Revlon lip butters?
Overall, I'm really impressed with these! I'm definitely more shades. However, I dont think I've used these long enough to say if I like them more than lip butters. The main thing is that these are light and silky while the lip butters are thick and creamy. I think it will really depend on you.
Let me know if you have any questions :) see you soon~

peachparfait325

No comments:

Post a Comment