Monday, June 25, 2012

Maybelline Porcelain Lipstick: Elegant Lilac






I'm sure many of you have seen the new display of the Maybelline Porcelain Limited Edition collection. Well, I've been looking for a dark purple lipstick for a while, and when I saw swatches of the color Elegant Lilac online, I thought I found my perfect one. I immediately went to buy it the next day.




However...


The color of this lipstick looks NOTHING like the swatches I saw online! The color is a medium-dark purple but it's just so so GRAY. It's very unflattering and makes my skin look strange and dead.




The grayness was really hard to capture in photos, but I tried:







 The color on my lips is more accurate in this picture than in the lip swatch above

The formula of the lipstick is just like the ones of the Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks. The lipstick is pigmented, fairly smooth, lasts quite well but can get drying throughout the day.

I would recommend other Maybelline lipsticks, but definitely not this color.


No comments:

Post a Comment