Sunday, November 18, 2012

Fall Makeup: ELF Studio Blushes Review & Swatches

Hey everyone,
I used to be the kind of girl that would wear the same makeup colors every single day. This year I started to change around my makeup to fit the seasons and it's been a lot of fun. Today I wanted to share with you the blushes I have been loving for fall and winter; the Elf Studio Blushes in Berry Merry and Blushing Rose.

 Berry Merry, Blushing Rose  

Why are they so good?
1) They are pigmented
2) They are not powdery
3) They are buildable
4) They come in a wide variety of shades
5) They are only $3 each
6) ....yet the packaging is sturdy (cough cough Wet n Wild) and come with a mirror.

 Berry Merry, Blushing Rose

I know that Wet N Wild also have popular blushes for around the same price. I have tried them and have to say I much prefer the Elf. The Elf blushes are pigmented but buildable enough that you don't risk putting too much on like the Wet n Wild. The Wet n Wild blushes were also powdery which led to a mess but the Elf blushes don't have this problem. Most importantly the packaging is sturdy and unlike the flimsy packaging of Wet n Wild. I can carry these around without worries (my Wet n Wild blush crumbled to pieces). Overall the Elf Studio Blushes are a steal; they are much more pigmented, inexpensive compared to other drugstore brands, and their packaging is just as good.


Now let's talk about the colors!


 Berry Merry  is a pinky-purple berry color with gold and silver shimmer.

Blushing Rose  is a warm rose color with gold shimmer that gives a flushed look to the cheeks.

 Berry Merry, Blushing Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment